Dr Gangqiang KONG is a geotechnical engineering Professor in Hohai University, China. His research has been mainly within areas of energy pile techniques and applications, soil-structure interaction, and transparent soil model test methods.
During Dec. 2014 due to Feb. 2015, he was an international visiting scholar with Prof. Charles W. W. Ng. Working together with Prof. Charles W. W. Ng on the National Science Foundation of China projects “A fundamental investigation of PCC energy pile and load transfer mechanism” (51378178), and “Analytical method and interaction mechanism of energy pile-based pavement de-icing system” (51778212), as well as the Specialized Research Fund for the Doctoral Program of Higher Education project “A Fundamental Investigation of PCC Energy Pile and Load Transfer Mechanism: Geotechnical Aspects” (20130094140001 and M-HKUST603/13).
Below is a list of his recent publications and patents:
- H. L. Liu, C. L. Wang, G. Q. Kong, C. W. W. Ng, and P. Che. Model test on thermo-mechanical behaviors of a new-typed energy pile[J]. European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering, 2017, Doi: 10.1080/19648189.2016.1248792.
- C. L. Wang, H. L. Liu, G. Q. Kong, and C. W. W. Ng. Different types of energy piles with heating-cooling cycles[J]. Proceedings of the ICE – Geotechnical Engineering, 2017, 170(3): 220-231.
- C. L. Wang, H. L. Liu, G. Q. Kong, W. W. C. Ng, and D. Wu. Model tests of energy piles with and without a vertical load [J]. Proceedings of the ICE – Environmental Geotechnics, 2016, 2(1): 1-11.
- D. Wu, H. L. Liu, G. Q. Kong, W. W. C. Ng, and X. H. Chen. Displacement response of an energy pile in saturated clay[J]. Proceedings of the ICE – Geotechnical Engineering, 2017, accepted.
- G. Q. Kong, H. F. Peng, C. W. W. Ng, and X. M. Ding. A ground source heat pump bored pile reinforcement cage buried pipe construction method (China Patent No: ZL201310302155.6), authorized announcement date March 11, 2015.
- H. L. Liu, X. M. Ding, G. Q. Kong, C. W. W. Ng, and Y. M. Chen. A PCC energy pile and its production method (China Patent No: ZL201210298385.5), authorized announcement date November 19, 2014.
Phone number: +86-25-8378-6834
Email address: click here